I want to wish everyone a healthy and happy New Year. I’m also passing along “Rock’s Resolutions for Printing Owners,” a listing of resolutions you can make in 2013 to improve your business and better your personal well-being. If you need an added bit of support, you know where to reach me.
- To stop being such a control-freak.
- To avoid a cash-trap at all costs.
- To promote creativity in my company – the key to innovation.
- To set accurate sales goals for the new year.
- To avoid analysis by paralysis.
- To understand the trust paradox, which greatly influences my family business.
- To spend more on people than presses.
- To understand the use of a cash flow statement.
- To learn more about new innovations like 3D printing.
- To develop a succession plan.
- To avoid the critical mistakes printers make when selling a business.
- To create a printer-specific investment criteria before I invest in a business.
- To get a cash-flow analysis out of my head and on paper.
- To avoid a lottery mentality when I pursue a merger and acquisition.
- To use industry-specific appraisers when I order a business valuation.
- To understand the exit strategies at my disposal.
Good luck in 2013!
Photo by: One Way Stock.